Spectra Precision's Commitment to Online Privacy
Your right to privacy is important. At Spectra Precision we believe that personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for Spectra Precision web site(s), including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
This Privacy Statement applies to Spectra Precision's web site at www.SpectraPrecision.com
Consent to Use and Transfer Personal Data
Please note that if you submit personal data through the Spectra Precision website, you will send it to us, in the United States. We will collect, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. By submitting your personal data through the Spectra Precision web site you consent to Spectra Precision's collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Types of Data Collected Online
You can browse most of our web sites without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that Spectra Precision logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified. There are times, however, when we or our business partners (such as our external service providers identified below) may need information from you. For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to Spectra Precision you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
- Access or register for access on our web site
- Purchase products or services
- Register as a user of Spectra Precision products
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support, repairs and upgrades
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services
- Enter Spectra Precision-sponsored contests, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications
Use of Data
Spectra Precision uses personal information collected on its web site for the purpose it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by Spectra Precision, and its affiliates (e.g., Trimble Navigation Limited) or its business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from Spectra Precision, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics. In connection with a job application or inquiry advertised on a Spectra Precision Web site, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout Spectra Precision and the Trimble Navigation Limited ("Trimble") family of companies for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep the information for future consideration.
With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business Spectra Precision will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others. Spectra Precision may share the personal data you provide online with the Trimble family of companies and as described below:
- Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, a service provider or fulfillment agent hosting and/or operating a Spectra Precision online store. When an affiliated company or one of our business partners is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to this transaction
- Spectra Precision Authorized Dealers and Distributors. We work with and through members of our distribution channel to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service. For example, Spectra Precision may forward the contact information of a potential customer to a Spectra Precision-authorized dealer to respond to a customer inquiry about Spectra Precision products. Or Spectra Precision may forward such contact information to enable a Spectra Precision-authorized dealer to furnish customers with a product updates. Spectra Precision requires that its dealers and distributors keep confidential any personal data of customers or potential customers disclosed to them
- Agents. We use agents to act on our behalf. For example, agents may fulfill orders, provide support, or organize sweepstakes. Agents are only given access to the information necessary to perform their functions and Spectra Precision requires that its agents keep confidential any personal identifying information disclosed to them
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by Trimble or Spectra Precision outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties
Please note that our Web site contains links to other sites, such as to those of our external service providers identified above. When you access a non-Spectra Precision Web site, even one that may contain the Spectra Precision logo and content regarding Spectra Precision's products and services, please understand that the Web site is independent of Spectra Precision, and that Spectra Precision has no control over operation of that Web site. Please be aware that Spectra Precision is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Spectra Precision web site(s) listed above. A link to a non-Spectra Precision Web site does not mean that Spectra Precision endorses such site.
Spectra Precision will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for Spectra Precision products, register as a user of Spectra Precision products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from Spectra Precision by sending your opt-out request to privacy@Trimble.com. Spectra Precision will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following this procedure:
1. Contact Spectra Precision's Privacy Program Manager at privacy@Trimble.com for general requests, or to Trimble's Human Resources Department at HR_HELP@Trimble.com for requests related to online resume submissions, by sending a detailed message explaining your request including:
2. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information or making corrections.
- Full contact information (your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.). Please be very specific about the concerns that led to your request
3. We do not place frequency or fee limits on your ability to access your information, however we reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests for information access and correction. If this right is exercised, we will inform you about the reasons for which your request is declined and explain to you a dispute resolution process should you wish to use it.
4. If the information to which access is requested is not maintained in retrievable form, we will explain why access cannot be provided and how this type of information is collected and used.
5. If the information to which access is requested is maintained in retrievable form, we will respond to your request within ten working days. Access to the information will be provided in the form of disclosure and will not involve your direct access to our data repositories, on-line or off-line.
How to Contact Us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at privacy@Trimble.com.